Author Topic: KDTW has no chance on the market  (Read 3472 times)

flyaway719

KDTW has no chance on the market
« on: July 29, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »
Please finish this or pull it, I know you mean well but this has taken way to long, and good scenery builders like flightbeam or fsdreamteam will not try to market this scenery with it always on the web saying its going to be for free. But we all set here year after year waiting on it. if your not going to finish it you should pull it off the web. so we have a chance to buy it at this point I would rather pay the 30 or 40 bucks for it from a legit company that will do what they say than set here waiting on excuses why its not done. Please understand I feel this is a legit reason or argument after 5 years everyone on vatsim knows that its in lib ow and is tired of reason or excuses of why this has not been finished or pulled so someone else will put it out there.       

PWJT8D

Re: KDTW has no chance on the market
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:41:50 PM »
The nerve of your ignorance and self entitled righteousness. Speak for yourself when you say "we" because your opinionated insult certainly does not pertain to myself. You feel it is okay to talk to someone like that? Someone who works hard in their spare time to give back to the flight sim community? And doesn't ask for a dime of compensation? SunSkyJet is not a team full of 10 programmers and graphics artists going to work every day in an office for 10 hours, 6 days a week to turn out a scenery that takes two years to complete. If it takes FSDT or FB that long to do an airport, what makes you think that one or two people in their spare time, a few hours a week can turn one out just as fast? This is not their day job, they are not getting paid to do this. You certainly must have hobbies? I'm sure that you would love to do them in your spare time. But life, work, family, illness, bills, vacations all must get in the way, things not in your control. How about showing a little support, encourage them along the way. Show them that we are eagerly waiting for DTW and we will love to donate to their cause and hard work. I'm sure if you worked hard on something for a few years for everyone to enjoy for free and read your comment it would feel like getting kicked in the gut. Show some respect, patience is virtue.

shez

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »
Please finish this or pull it, I know you mean well but this has taken way to long, and good scenery builders like flightbeam or fsdreamteam will not try to market this scenery with it always on the web saying its going to be for free. But we all set here year after year waiting on it. if your not going to finish it you should pull it off the web. so we have a chance to buy it at this point I would rather pay the 30 or 40 bucks for it from a legit company that will do what they say than set here waiting on excuses why its not done. Please understand I feel this is a legit reason or argument after 5 years everyone on vatsim knows that its in lib ow and is tired of reason or excuses of why this has not been finished or pulled so someone else will put it out there.     

I actually understand your frustration but we are close and the reason for the delay recently is that there is a constant evolution to new platforms and we are learning and trying to incorporate the new features (P3DV1-4).

Shez

UAL1035

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 07:17:24 AM »
The nerve of your ignorance and self entitled righteousness. Speak for yourself when you say "we" because your opinionated insult certainly does not pertain to myself. (...) I'm sure if you worked hard on something for a few years for everyone to enjoy for free and read your comment it would feel like getting kicked in the gut. Show some respect, patience is virtue.

+1, well put.

kar54

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »
Personal opinion, but scenery from Shez and company is always worth the wait. I know it can be frustrating, but you will receive scenery with features and detail that will be worth $30-$40 or more for donation. These folks give back to our community. Sure, I'd would like to be flying in and out of DTW right now, but understand their lack of resources is a restriction. As I've said before, thank you Shez and team for your efforts to our hobby. Like everyone else, I just check back for status every week until release.

Tom Richey
UAL200

Dani17070

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 02:37:58 PM »
There are not many high quality freeware developers out there and I must say, being one such as SunSkyJet developing KPHL has been highly valued in the Flight Sim Community. I must say, I appreciate the all past-work done by the SunSkyJet and thank you for contributions to Flight Simulation.

Daniel

DaveCT2003

• Six Live Flight Sim Video Streams (VATSIM Flights)
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 05:52:01 PM »

I don't even know where to start with an opinion and attitude like you displayed, I really don't. You could have easily said the same thing in a respectful manner to a developer who has earned that from you, but instead you chose to be purposely and tremendously disrespectful. I'm sorry, but your thought processes, decisions and actions are shameful, therefore shame on you.

This is precisely the ignorance and attitude that we don't need in our community. You'll benefit from this product when it's released and I hope your emotional attachment to this project is then filled. But when it's released I sincerely hope you make a donation to help offset the cost of the SSJ website that allowed you to be so disrespectful to people to the owners - who were nothing but polite in response to you.

Really, shame on you.  Just loads and loads of shame.

Dave
SunskyJet Beta Team
Leonardo (Maddog X) Beta Team
Majestic Beta Team
Aerosoft Beta Team
FS Reborn Beta Team
Shared Cockpit Consultant
OVPA Beta Team
Certified Product Development & Testing

Rafereal

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 02:04:47 AM »
I still regret to this day.

flightexpert

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 01:19:40 AM »

On behalf of all the developer's out there both plane and scenery, shame on you for that. If you cannot appreciate the work and the time these gentlemen are putting into this keep in mind having to add in putting some of their personal life aside to try and make this a very good scenery product for you, then you do not deserve to have it. I have beta tested products before as have other's and for you to say to pull it off the market because all you hear are excuses..... no sir. The world right now is in consistent development and like softwares like P3D and X-Plane developers have to be on their toes consistently with new software for their product so it works with current ones they have or that they have in development.

So if that mean putting it off because there was new software code for P3D or X-Plane to make the scenery run smoother with better fps then so be it. The fact that you made such an absurd comment, you do not deserve to buy this product nor do you even deserve a spot in this forum sir. What you said to this company and developer was rude and self-centered. You need to learn a great deal of patience this is not like a huge company like QW or PMDG or Flightbeam or FSDT etc., all of which are payware. this company and individual started out with Philly and the is starting to expand but keep in mind this is free so you sir need to wait and stop posting rude comments like that and saying release it and all that bull crap.

American398

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 09:02:23 PM »
I agree, its getting a little far afield

MrUnSavory

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 07:03:11 PM »
No one cares if you agree or not. People sit and whine and complain but when ever it comes out they will download it and not even think twice about giving a donation. Guess what? It will be finished when the developer says it is finished and no amount of complaining will speed up the process. Flightbeam and FSDream team airports have their problems also. I know, I own them all and I am constantly seeing little problems here and there because they rush them for the sake of money. The majority of the community are not whiners and would rather have good then fast. I have been patiently waiting for this scenery for a long time. I check once a month. If it is here then great. If not I move on an wait. Something everyone needs to learn to do.