KDTW in 2018

EmersonLen

Re: KDTW in 2018

Post by EmersonLen » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Sure, but you can't hurry these things up, no matter what you do. So the advice to relax is just for your own well being, I suppose. haha

Dardango

Post by Dardango » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:39 pm

True. But other developers do this same work in much less than 7 or 8 years. What compounds the issue here is the lack of communication on a timeframe, or much else.

duckbilled

Post by duckbilled » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:33 pm

It is kind of at the point where I just wish Shez would let us know what is going on. If it is a matter of money, I would donate if I knew it would be released (PM me Shez if this is the case). I'd also be willing to pay for the scenery if it was released as payware. I am starting to wonder if he is ok. He did post over at AVSIM last month, so I assume he is.

He really is one of the most prolific freeware developers this hobby has ever had, and assuming he is ok, I'd hate for something to make him dial back his contributions. His original DTW (FS2000, I think) was one of the things that turned me into a scenery slut. It seems fitting that the next quality version of DTW is released by him.

shez

Post by shez » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:25 pm

It is my wish to release this tomorrow but I don't have the final source files. I only have a beta version from back in August 2018.

As I stated over at AVSIM, Ian is again underground and not responding to messages. He is busy with his real life stuff I know.

I also feel it is unfair to the community to hold this back more as I think we are in the half decade anniversary of development or something.

If anyone wants the current version in its current state then send me an email.

Shez

Dardango

Post by Dardango » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:35 am

Sorry to hear about the difficulty with reaching Ian, but we appreciate you sharing where things are. What's your email address?