**AES SOLUTION** - AES Is Driving Me Nuts at PHL

Product support for Philadelphia Intl - FSX version
dcboyinva

**AES SOLUTION** - AES Is Driving Me Nuts at PHL

Post by dcboyinva » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:02 am

First....I have to say a HUGE thank you to the devs....the fact that you put this out as freeware...is astonishing....and then you add on top of that the quality and dedication this airfield...and the work you are doing with DTW.  Amazing....just can't put into words any better than thank you. 

I am rubbing my head trying to find out what could be going on with my AES....I have done the following:

* Downloaded v.1....installed with Admin....then added via the Scenery Manager (we all know how fun that is...thanks Microsoft)

* Attempted to activate with AES (even though their website says they support it)....nothing works...still shows as not installed

* Removed...and cleaned all SunSkyJet references....even did a CCLeaner....nothing works....fresh install...reboot....AES, still no joy

Has anyone actually been able to activate AES at this wonderful airport?  I come here...because AES support indicated this was an airport issue...not a AES issue....just don't know what else to do.  I love this airport...and will fly with just GSX...but figured I would see if anyone has any ideas for me...or has been able to successfully activate AES. 

Thank you again to all of you guys....take care.

J

ianj-d32

Re: AES Is Driving Me Nuts at PHL

Post by ianj-d32 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:53 am

I dont have AES installed - and haven't seen it in action with our airport.  But I'll install it and take a look and get back to you. May take a couple of days before I have a moment to sit down and look at it.
-Ian

dcboyinva

Post by dcboyinva » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:26 am

Thank you so....I am in no hurry...and look forward to what you come up with...if anything.  It's weird...AES says they have it...but it just will not activate.  Even though this isn't you guys...or maybe isn't...I still am so impressed with your efforts and your scenery.  It is awesome.....so thank you so very much for responding...and taking the time to help me....

Enjoy the rest of your weekend....and hope you are having a great Summer so far. 

J

CEOEAV

Post by CEOEAV » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Having the same issue.

peacedivision

Post by peacedivision » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:16 am

Same problem here, I just built a new machine and I swear I remember AES and KPHL getting along on my old system but it is scrapped so no way to check :(

southwest737300

Post by southwest737300 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:33 am

AES just stopped working here too its like it happened over night

jpost

Post by jpost » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:57 pm

AES is still working fine for me in FSX, so you'll need to troubleshoot your setup. First thing I'd check is to ensure the AES Basepack is still at the top of your scenery list. It must be first (top of list; lowest number). Sometimes when you add a scenery, it sneaks into the first position and bumps AES down. Then I'd load FSX, move to a gate at KPHL, then open AESHelp, move to Activation of Airports, ensure that KPHL is showing Green and Full Mode, you might also select Resync/Repair to make sure everything is updated.  If all else fails, download the AES Basepack again and reinstall to ensure you have the latest version. Hope this helps.

southwest737300

Post by southwest737300 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:33 pm

we have tried every thing the files are missing for kphl in the aes base back folder

ianj-d32

Post by ianj-d32 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 pm

I just downloaded and installed AES 2.30 and sure enough KPHL will not activate.
I'm not sure why that changed from previous versions as our install hasn't been touched.
***But I did find the solution***
Go to your main FSX folder and navigate to this folder: Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT
Find the file AESA_KPHL_SSJ.CFG and open it with notepad
Go to the SEARCHX line and paste over the items listed with this: _jetways_pl2.bgl,kphl_surface_FSX_ALL_II.bgl
So the whole line reads: SEARCHX=_jetways_pl2.bgl,kphl_surface_FSX_ALL_II.bgl
Save and close and open us the AES help/config tool.  It worked here.  Report back and I'll sticky this topic if you find success so others can find the solution.

-Ian

dcboyinva

Post by dcboyinva » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:59 am

Thank you too all who helped....the solution from Ian worked perfectly. My AES is now working perfectly.

I would have never found that out myself, so many thanks sir for your time and efforts with this.

I am still entirely shocked this airport is freeware....given the quality of development and support. I wish we had more options like PHL.

Take care all.