DTW on P3Dv5

truthknown

Re: DTW on P3Dv5

Post by truthknown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:13 pm

Whoashloppy wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:23 am

Please verify that you are using the files in my dropbox link only and that you disabled the 3 files in the SSJ KDTW scenery folder as specified above. I have integrated the SSJ KDTW gates into my AFCAD and there should not be any duplicate jetways unless you are using a third sorry GSX file.

Ben
I figured out my problem. 2 issues I had:

1: Your fix is NOT on top of the first fix posted in this chain. I had thought that you were building on that earlier post. Removing those 2 files from the top of this chain got rid of the GSX jebridges.

2: When I installed KDTW, I hadn't realized that the installer put an addon.xml file in the Prepar3d v4 Add-Ons folder. I had simply added the scenery via the Lorby tool to the scenery.cfg. Hence the sim was missing the references to the effects and scripts. Moving that addon.xml folder for KDTW to my Prepar3d v5 Add-Ons folder solved that. I of course removed the scenery section of the file as I prefer all my sceneries to be from the scenery.cfg file for proper layering. This solved the black highways and parking garages, as well as the showing of the original ground textures here and there.

My only issue now is at night. the runway lighting is showing as giant orbs. Some of the blue taxiway edge lighting has issues as well. Anyone know how to solve these lighting problems?
KDTW lighting 1.JPG
KDTW lighting 1.JPG (90.51 KiB) Viewed 19668 times
KDTW lighting 2.JPG
KDTW lighting 2.JPG (83.2 KiB) Viewed 19668 times
Thanks,
Chris

Louis Jacob

Post by Louis Jacob » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Hi all

The scenery is now functional with no black textures, However the Lights do seem somewhat blocky and I seem to have dual sets of papi's at RWY 21L the PAPI's quickly disappear when coming close. also i have no PAPI's at Rwy 22L what could be the problem here?

Louis

FBWFTW

Post by FBWFTW » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:29 pm

Anyone have solutions to this? Ive got blocky lights and for everyone's info, the black roads/highways for me-ONLY DURING THE DAY!

NWA1999

Post by NWA1999 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm

That fixed the terrain all over the airport, but anyone have any luck getting over taxiway F? My airplane goes nuts whenever I try to.
It's so annoying on VATSIM because I have to avoid it.

Thanks
Robbie

GrantCrackers18

Post by GrantCrackers18 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm

Even with all the fixes/files in this thread, I still managed to get default taxiways mixed in with SunSkyJet taxiway signs, as well as GSX not reading the AFCAD right/selecting gates is out of place compared to the SunSkyJet scenery (AKA, when choosing a gate in the P3D menu, you oftentimes spawn inbetween 2 gates.

Shom

Post by Shom » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:09 pm

Whoashloppy wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:33 am
I think I may have found the other offending files...after initial testing it looks promising. Can you guys help me test?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s81dqvw7338gwrp/KDTW.zip?dl=0

Put those two files in your SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)\scenery folder.

In the same folder, deactivate by renaming to .bgl.off:

KDTW_ADEP4_SUNSKYJET.bgl
CVX_KDTW_p3D.bgl
KDTW_ADEP4_SSJ_CVX.bgl

My AFCAD includes the original gates as well. Let me know if it works. If testing is successful I will share SODE edits as well.

Ben
Many thanks for this!
My issue is runway lights not appearing at night although taxiway lights do.
Anyone has texture replacements for those?

Shomron

shez

Post by shez » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:21 am

The blockylights I assume are due to changes in V5 over the technique used in V4.5.

I am trying to get hold of the original files from Ian but no luck yet.

I would love to go ahead and finish the scenery and make it compatible (officially). Still not response from Ian...

Apologies to all the users. :oops:

Shez
Regards

Shez

Shom

Post by Shom » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:13 pm

I'm actually still getting duplicate/bleeding textures on the runways and taxiways.... :?
I think I may have gotten confused with all proposed fixes in this thread... can someone summarize in a post what needs to be done in order to get the scenery working correctly?

Appreciate it!

Shom

Shom

Post by Shom » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:14 pm

shez wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:21 am
The blockylights I assume are due to changes in V5 over the technique used in V4.5.

I am trying to get hold of the original files from Ian but no luck yet.

I would love to go ahead and finish the scenery and make it compatible (officially). Still not response from Ian...

Apologies to all the users. :oops:

Shez
Appreciate your effort Shez! do you have a formal/workaround fix for the rest of the issues by any chance?

DocPDopp

Post by DocPDopp » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:14 pm

Whoashloppy wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:03 pm
Louis Jacob wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:13 pm
Good news!
Your fix did the trick for me i have no duplicate jetways or other AFCAD left but i still have the black ground in the middle. What file has to do with that ground?

Greetings Louis
I'm not sure, as I've never had that issue even before the "fix." Do you have a pic? Also, make sure KDTW is above any possibly conflicting scenery such as Orbx stuff in your library. Also, did you install inside or outside the sim? I'm about to do another test flight and if everything goes well, I will upload everything in a separate post with detailed recommendations for installation, which mentions using Lorby's Addon Manager and installing outside of the sim.

Ben
Thanks for your awesome work into making this great Scenery compatible with P3Dv5, your fix has fixed my terrain bleedthrough but the black groundtexture also remains. I dont believe anybody provided a picture in the thread so I'll add mine:
italia

Maybe that'll help.

Edit:
NWA1999 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm
That fixed the terrain all over the airport, but anyone have any luck getting over taxiway F? My airplane goes nuts whenever I try to.
It's so annoying on VATSIM because I have to avoid it.

Thanks
Robbie
I tested it myself and also have the issue when crossing the highway bridge on F
Cheers

Pascal