DTW on P3Dv5

npyl310

Re: DTW on P3Dv5

Post by npyl310 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:44 pm

lowigiej wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:52 am
Hello Everybody!

First of all I am new here so a quick introduction: I'm Louis a 16y/o Flightsim enthousiast from Belgium. I have recently donated to SSJ and decided to try make SSJ Detroit work in V5. I've been able to eliminate most issues but not all. I used the fix above but instead of putting it in a seperate folder I dropped it in the scenery folder and removed "KDTW_ADEP4_SUNSKYJET" ( I made a backup of the original file of course). this fixed the flickering texture issues. I do have some issues remaining being the black highways as shown in the picturea and the wrong afcad. I might be able to come up with some ideas to hopefully fix those issues. hopefully this also works for you guys!
WOW! Thank you so much for this! It essentially fixed all the issues I was having.

Whoashloppy

Post by Whoashloppy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:12 am

lowigiej wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:52 am
Hello Everybody!

First of all I am new here so a quick introduction: I'm Louis a 16y/o Flightsim enthousiast from Belgium. I have recently donated to SSJ and decided to try make SSJ Detroit work in V5. I've been able to eliminate most issues but not all. I used the fix above but instead of putting it in a seperate folder I dropped it in the scenery folder and removed "KDTW_ADEP4_SUNSKYJET" ( I made a backup of the original file of course). this fixed the flickering texture issues. I do have some issues remaining being the black highways as shown in the picturea and the wrong afcad. I might be able to come up with some ideas to hopefully fix those issues. hopefully this also works for you guys!
Thanks for your efforts and I wish the fix were that simple as I tried that as well. Although the ramp area looks ok, start slewing around the airport and you will see terrain issues appear on multiple runways (unless there is something else going on on my setup, but I don't have terrain issues at any other addon airport).

I had made an AFCAD using the above files as a base, and got it looking perfect when you load up at the airport, but if you fly in from somewhere else the terrain anomalies reappear! Makes it very hard to troubleshoot.

Ben

Whoashloppy

Post by Whoashloppy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:33 am

I think I may have found the other offending files...after initial testing it looks promising. Can you guys help me test?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s81dqvw7338gwrp/KDTW.zip?dl=0

Put those two files in your SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)\scenery folder.

In the same folder, deactivate by renaming to .bgl.off:

KDTW_ADEP4_SUNSKYJET.bgl
CVX_KDTW_p3D.bgl
KDTW_ADEP4_SSJ_CVX.bgl

My AFCAD includes the original gates as well. Let me know if it works. If testing is successful I will share SODE edits as well.

Ben

truthknown

Post by truthknown » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:07 pm

I am still getting the black highways with these files, but the runway issues have disappeared. Much more useable now, although I now have the default jetbridges showing up on top of the SSJ jetbridges.

Chris

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Same here I've still got the black highways and P3D still uses the default AFCAD

Whoashloppy

Post by Whoashloppy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:23 am

[/quote]
truthknown wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:07 pm
I am still getting the black highways with these files, but the runway issues have disappeared. Much more useable now, although I now have the default jetbridges showing up on top of the SSJ jetbridges.

Chris
Please verify that you are using the files in my dropbox link only and that you disabled the 3 files in the SSJ KDTW scenery folder as specified above. I have integrated the SSJ KDTW gates into my AFCAD and there should not be any duplicate jetways unless you are using a third sorry GSX file.

Ben
Last edited by Whoashloppy on Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whoashloppy

Post by Whoashloppy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:41 am

No black highways or duplicate gates on me end. See attached file.
Attachments
Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.06 - 21.35.17.20.png
Prepar3D Screenshot 2020.12.06 - 21.35.17.20.png (683.15 KiB) Viewed 17971 times

Louis Jacob

Post by Louis Jacob » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Good news!
Your fix did the trick for me i have no duplicate jetways or other AFCAD left but i still have the black ground in the middle. What file has to do with that ground?

Greetings Louis

Louis Jacob

Post by Louis Jacob » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:20 pm

to clarify i mean the black highways

Whoashloppy

Post by Whoashloppy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:03 pm

Louis Jacob wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:13 pm
Good news!
Your fix did the trick for me i have no duplicate jetways or other AFCAD left but i still have the black ground in the middle. What file has to do with that ground?

Greetings Louis
I'm not sure, as I've never had that issue even before the "fix." Do you have a pic? Also, make sure KDTW is above any possibly conflicting scenery such as Orbx stuff in your library. Also, did you install inside or outside the sim? I'm about to do another test flight and if everything goes well, I will upload everything in a separate post with detailed recommendations for installation, which mentions using Lorby's Addon Manager and installing outside of the sim.

Ben