Add KDTW issues here

cpt777f

Re: Add KDTW issues here

Post by cpt777f » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello Guys,

thanks for the new KDTW Beta. I have a few texture issues with the latest version.
as you can see I have a few black textures around the airport. Also I noticed that these little buildings are transparent.

Do you already have a solution? If not, I hope these screenshots can help. I can also send some more if you want a closer look.

cobrewer688

Post by cobrewer688 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:34 pm

D1 @ KDTW Real world This is D1 at the real KDTW with the Xpress J line

2nd pictures are from where once stood L.C. Smith Terminal

Bill

ianj
Site Admin

Post by ianj » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:44 am

cpt777f wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:28 pm
Hello Guys,

thanks for the new KDTW Beta. I have a few texture issues with the latest version.

Do you already have a solution? If not, I hope these screenshots can help. I can also send some more if you want a closer look.
This looks like a problem with the lua scripts. Your ground textured are also effected. And you are missing all of the seasonal objects.
Let's check to see if you have the folder at all - go the the DTW main install folder and look for a folder that say DTW_scripts. In that folder are the lua scripts and a texture folder. If you have that then the next thing is to check to see if you have the newer addon.xml. If the old one was left from the uninstall maybe that caused this. Go to your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. Open the SunSkyJet - KDTW folder and open the add-on.xml. You should see these lines at the bottom:

</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>s
<Category>Scripts</Category>
<Path>**REPLACE_PATH**\SunSkyJet\SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)\DTW_scripts</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Texture</Category>
<Path>**REPLACE_PATH**\SunSkyJet\SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)\DTW_scripts\texture</Path>
<Type>GLOBAL</Type>
</AddOn.Component>

Where you **REPLACE_PATH** with wherever you installed the scenery. Let me know what you see.
Cheers,
Ian

ianj
Site Admin

Post by ianj » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:45 am

cobrewer688 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:34 pm
D1 @ KDTW Real world This is D1 at the real KDTW with the Xpress J line
I'll change that - photos are so valuable!

ianj
Site Admin

Post by ianj » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:47 am

cobrewer688 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:29 am
Also, there is really no rubble anymore.. If anything its medium to small dirt mounds where Smith once stood..
I'll clean it up

smithch610

Post by smithch610 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:09 am

Like the other person who posted, I seem to have more issues with this latest build than I did with the one prior. The only real issue I had with the prior build was the runway lights at night. This one, however, I'm having issues with the ground textures (maybe it's a layer thing) and runway night lights. I'm using P3D V5 and it was working very nice with the previous build.

Here is my addon file

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>SunSkyJet KDTW Scenery</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>SSJ KDTW</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)</Path>
<Name>KDTW</Name>
<Layer>1</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Path>C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\SunSkyJet\SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)\DTW_scripts</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Path>C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\SunSkyJet\SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)\DTW_scripts\texture</Path>
<Type>GLOBAL</Type>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>
1.png
1.png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 15877 times
2.png
2.png (2.24 MiB) Viewed 15877 times
3.png
3.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 15877 times
4.png
4.png (398.99 KiB) Viewed 15877 times

cobrewer688

Post by cobrewer688 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:49 am

Ran into this issue coming into KDTW.. On Taxiway A just after getting off and clearing RWY 22R

Also anyway you can feed us with some dynamic lighting.. Its like really dark at the North Terminal, almost like there is lighting on.. Reminds me when lights went out that one night at the real one.. How dark it was.. lol

Bill

cpt777f

Post by cpt777f » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:41 am

ianj wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:44 am
cpt777f wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:28 pm
Hello Guys,

This looks like a problem with the lua scripts. Your ground textured are also effected. And you are missing all of the seasonal objects.
Let's check to see if you have the folder at all - go the the DTW main install folder and look for a folder that say DTW_scripts. In that folder are the lua scripts and a texture folder. If you have that then the next thing is to check to see if you have the newer addon.xml. If the old one was left from the uninstall maybe that caused this. Go to your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. Open the SunSkyJet - KDTW folder and open the add-on.xml. You should see these lines at the bottom:

</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>s
<Path>**REPLACE_PATH**\SunSkyJet\SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)\DTW_scripts</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Path>**REPLACE_PATH**\SunSkyJet\SunSkyJet - KDTW(BETA)\DTW_scripts\texture</Path>
<Type>GLOBAL</Type>
</AddOn.Component>

Where you **REPLACE_PATH** with wherever you installed the scenery. Let me know what you see.
Cheers,
Ian

So the fault was at my end there where some left over files from the previous version in the P3D AddOn folder. I removed them and did a reinstall. Fixed it now and its working fine thank you.

ianj
Site Admin

Post by ianj » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:54 pm

smithch610 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:09 am
Like the other person who posted, I seem to have more issues with this latest build than I did with the one prior. The only real issue I had with the prior build was the runway lights at night. This one, however, I'm having issues with the ground textures (maybe it's a layer thing) and runway night lights. I'm using P3D V5 and it was working very nice with the previous build.
This installer is good for v4 - DTW in P3Dv5 has elevation issues - I'm working on them right now and will build a separate installer. Should be soon.

ianj
Site Admin

Post by ianj » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:38 am

cobrewer688 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:49 am

Also anyway you can feed us with some dynamic lighting.. Its like really dark at the North Terminal, almost like there is lighting on.. Reminds me when lights went out that one night at the real one.. How dark it was.. lol
You should have dynamic lighting - in the scenery folder there should be a file called dyn_lights.BGL